Sweet Silver Lining

just watching the clouds…

Change April 3, 2011

Filed under: raNdOMnesS — dragonfly180 @ 6:25 pm
Tags: , , , , ,

“Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted.” ~Anonymous

What is the one thing you’ll never change about yourself? What is the one thing you would change about yourself if you could?

One thing I hope I’ll never change about myself is to be able to find the humor in just about any situation, good or bad. This is something I got from my mom, and it comes in handy, especially in the difficult situations. I also hope that my creativity never wanes. I love to make beautiful things and write and sing. My creative side makes me feel more unique than anything else.

I guess I am a work in progress, because there are lots of things I’d change about myself. I’d love to stop being a procrastinator. I put everything off, and I think I’d be a generally happier person if I didn’t have this tendency. I also tend to hold people to really high standards, and although that can be a positive in many situations, it also gets me in trouble sometimes, because I get really frustrated when people don’t live up to what I think they should.

I read somewhere today that only 3% of those who set goals actually achieve them. That’s depressing, so much so that I wonder if it’s actually true. I mean, how did they come up with this statistic anyway? And what makes the other 97% of goal setters fail? I also heard a quote on the radio the other day that went something like, ‘If you never change anything about yourself, you’ll never change.’ It’s easy to keep doing the same things day in and day out and being the same old you day in and day out. What you have to ask yourself is, are you happy being you and never changing anything about yourself ever again for the rest of your life? If the answer is yes, then I commend you for making yourself  into the person you wanted to be. You must be one of the 3%! If you aren’t happy with yourself, then work on changing one little thing. Baby steps. We don’t have to be unhappy in this life. Don’t settle for mediocrity. Figure out what you think will make you happy with yourself and work diligently to accomplish that goal.

Or you can sit back, let life pass you by, moan and groan and lament your misery, and never change a single thing for the better. The choice is yours to make. It’s your life. How will you live it?

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~Maria Robinson

Advertisements
 

2 Responses to “Change”

  1. Bill (allbw2u on SP) Says:

    I liked your blog. Gave me plenty to think about. Sometimes life is so busy that I am just trudging along towards the end of the work day, getting ready for the next work day and repeating. So I had to really think about what you had to say.

    I guess that my goal is to put forth a positive attitude every day. I decide every night (or day as I am a shift worker) before going to bed to make tomorrow a great day. Knowing that decision has already been made (by me), then I have to do my very best to make it so!! I get a lot of comments about that from grumpy co-workers, store clerks, people I pass when out walking/jogging. A smile is a great way to start the day….to start a conversation…..to start a friendship.

    And….I like your new picture. Kind of a pensive look, so reflective, maybe thinking about setting a goal. :-)

    Hope you are having a great day….Bill

  2. One thing that I’ve been working on for awhile now is being too nice. It’s great to be nice but you don’t want to get stepped all over.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s